Subject: [Ietf-hub-boston] thanks to all for coming and presenting

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:48:31 -0400

I'd like to thank Dean Bogdanovic, Dan York, and John Leslie for presenting
and leading interesting topics at the IETF Boston Local Community meeting
yesterday.
We had about 22 people attending - including several new faces, which was
great to see.
For the RSVPs, we had about 42 folks interested, of which half were
committed to definitely coming.

I am expecting that the next get-together will be sometime in Sept/Oct.
There's a chance of interest in another in August.  Please do let me know
privately if you would be interested in presenting in August, if we have a
meeting.

In general, I am not getting as many offers to talk about a topic.  Please
do think about what you are working on that might be interesting to discuss
or get feedback on.  It is your knowledge and ideas that drive this group
and make the get-togethers fun and useful.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:21:35 -0400

> and leading interesting topics at the IETF Boston Local Community meeting

   No extra charge!

> In general, I am not getting as many offers to talk about a topic.

   We had IMHO a sufficient variation in subject matter last night.

   Auto-configuration of routers could have gone on all night... I
was hoping to see something on-list about next steps.

   Markdown is of limited interest _except_ when preparing an Internet
Draft...

   For my topic, it's probably up to me to start followup discussion,

   My intent was to document 14 years of non-solutions.

   Beyond that, I meant to posit that our current problem amounts to
censorship by major players; and that perhaps we need to route around it.

   I intentionally did not present any particular way to route around it.
If there is sufficient interest, I could present (on-list) several ways
that come to mind.

   (I was expecting some push-back against crying "Censorship".)

   Bottom line: good meeting!

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>