Subject: [Ietf-languages] EWTS transliteration tag: follow-up

From: Élie Roux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:00:33 +0100

Dear All,

I'm coming back to you about the EWTS and IAST transliterations. It's
been about a year now that I sent my initial email[0], and I have a
few follow-up questions:

About how many transliteration tag requests were filed since it was
decided to reroute them to CLDR? How many reached CLDR?

The reason I'm asking is because after 18 months, my two tickets to
include EWTS and IAST in CLDR ([1], [2]) are yet to see any progress
and I don't know what to do to normalize these tags.

CLDR 34 only includes 20 transliteration tags so there doesn't seem to
be any overflow of such tags that would need to be reviewed. Also, the
processing time for a request on this mailing list seems relatively
short (a few days/weeks), while the processing time at CLDR apparently
takes a few dozen months (other requests seem to take a similar amount
of time, see [3]). My point is not to judge or annoy anyone, but I'm
just asking for an acknowledgment of this situation that makes it
virtually impossible to register transliteration tags, and maybe for a
reconsideration of the process. What do you think? Could the automatic
delegation to CLDR be reconsidered?

Best,
-- 
Elie

[0]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-languages/FNgXoA4FRbr5Oc2hkiSuPxVGQI0
[1]: http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10548
[2]: http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10547
[3]: http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/9895