Subject: [Ietf-languages] Amended language subtag registration form

From: Ben Scarborough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 09:19:52 -0600

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
1. Name of requester: Ben Scarborough
2. E-mail address of requester: scarboroughben[at]gmail.com
3. Record Requested:

   Type: variant
   Subtag: arkaika
   Description: Arcaicam Esperantom
   Prefix: eo
   Comments: Archaic Esperanto variant devised by Manuel Halvelik

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
   Arcaicam Esperantom (Arkaika Esperanto) is a modern-made archaic register
   of Esperanto, meant to be the literary equivalent of lines or phrases in an
   old language such as Latin or Middle English embedded in what would otherwise
   be modern text. It features minor but nontrivial changes to vocabulary,
   grammar, and spelling. It is not meant as an overhaul of nor as a
   replacement for Esperanto.

5. Reference to published description
   of the language (book or article):
   Halvelik, Manuel. "Arkaika Esperanto: La verda pralingvo." 2010 edition.
   http://www.universala-esperanto.net/index_htm_files/Arkaika%20Esperanto.pdf

6. Any other relevant information:
   Because Arcaicam Esperantom uses different orthographic rules, the existing
   'hsistemo' and 'xsistemo' subtags would not have any relevant meaning in
   conjunction with the proposed 'arkaika' subtag.

   This form is an amendment of a previous form for an 'arcaicam' subtag.