Subject: [ietf-mentors] Welcome!

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:15:53 -0400

Hi all,
      Hopefully, you have all received the logistics on this mailing 
list.  The purpose of this list (ietf-mentors) is to allow everyone who 
has volunteered to be an IETF mentor a means for communicating.  The 
initial membership of this group is composed of two sets of people : 1) 
volunteer mentors and 2) mentor coordinators.

      The primary role of the mentor coordinators is matching mentors 
with IETF participants who have asked for a mentor.  Feel free to use 
this list to discuss any issues/ideas that arise with the mentor program.

Regards,
Brian & Alissa

---

From: "Roque Gagliano (rogaglia)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:39:30 +0000

Hi Brian,

Thanks for setting this list up. I am already in contact with my mentoree.

When I was a mentor for the ISOC ambassador program, we had a social event between mentors and mentorees. Is there any activity planned this time that we need to be aware of (besides the Newcommers meeting)?

Regards,
Roque

On Jul 22, 2013, at 8:15 PM, Brian Haberman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     Hopefully, you have all received the logistics on this mailing list.  The purpose of this list (ietf-mentors) is to allow everyone who has volunteered to be an IETF mentor a means for communicating.  The initial membership of this group is composed of two sets of people : 1) volunteer mentors and 2) mentor coordinators.
> 
>     The primary role of the mentor coordinators is matching mentors with IETF participants who have asked for a mentor.  Feel free to use this list to discuss any issues/ideas that arise with the mentor program.
> 
> Regards,
> Brian & Alissa
> _______________________________________________
> ietf-mentors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-mentors

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:15:18 -0400

Hi Roque,
     For Berlin, the newcomers meet-and-greet on Sunday is the only 
planned event.  If we determine that the program is useful, we may plan 
additional events for Vancouver.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:23:32 -0300

Brian,

thank you very much for the welcome message. I'm very excited at the
opportunity of being a mentor and by the opportunities the program opens.

I don't know how many of us will be in Berlin, but I'd like to meet you all.

Warm regards,

~Carlos

On 7/22/13 3:15 PM, Brian Haberman wrote:
> list.  The purpose of this list (ietf-mentors) is to allow everyone
> who has volunteered to be an IETF mentor a means for communicating. 
> The initial membership of this group is composed of two sets of people
> : 1) volunteer mentors and 2) mentor coordinators.
>

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:28:51 -0300

Brian,

	In the past the newcomers meet-and-greet on Sunday was only for
newcomers with the tag in the badge and WG chairs, ADs, etc. with the
proper dots.

	So, this time it would be a way to identify tutors and let them in?

Regards,
as

On 7/23/13 11:15 AM, Brian Haberman wrote:
>> When I was a mentor for the ISOC ambassador program, we had a social
>> event between mentors and mentorees. Is there any activity planned
>> this time that we need to be aware of (besides the Newcommers meeting)?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Roque
>>
>>
>>> The initial membership of this group is composed of two sets of
>>> people : 1) volunteer mentors and 2) mentor coordinators.
>>>

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:34:47 -0400

I believe the plan is to have a table identified as a Mentor Program 
rendezvous point.  All mentors are invited to the meet-and-greet.  If 
anyone tries to stop you, simply tell them to find me or Alissa.

Brian

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:45:37 -0300

Oh good.

	No worries, if somebody tries to stop me, I have some experience in
party-crashing.

:)

Best wishes,
as

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:36:35 +0200

> For Berlin, the newcomers meet-and-greet on Sunday is the only planned
> event. 

if the newcomer and his/her mentor have already met, or made their own
arrangements, is it impolite to skip the meet-and-great?

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:41:19 +0200

> No worries, if somebody tries to stop me, I have some experience in

clearly, you have not met alexa :)

randy

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:55:27 -0400

> arrangements, is it impolite to skip the meet-and-great?

Not at all.  The meet-and-greet is optional.

Brian