Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt (fwd)

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:18:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I updated the rfc2777bis draft as requested some time ago. The code has
been checked and former section 5.2 deleted (former section 5.3 is now
5.2).  I plan to request the IESG to publish this as a personal
Information RFC in about a week. I think it would be good, but by no
means critical, for RFC2727bis to reference this draft rather than RFC
2777.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-786-7554(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:04:16 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Publicly Verifiable Nomcom Random Selection
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2004-1-12

This document describes a method for making random selections in such
a way that the unbiased nature of the choice is publicly verifiable.
As an example, the selection of the voting members of the IETF
Nominations Committee from the pool of eligible volunteers is used.
Similar techniques would be applicable to other cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

----------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe>