Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-dawkins-nomcom-start-earlier-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:50:30 +0200

Spencer,

(message already sent personally, repeated for the list.)

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-nomcom-start-earlier-00.txt

I can't resist pointing out that we've already missed the
first two milestones you suggest, in IETF tradition.

You might check out
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/ChairTimeline .
The reality is that the ISOC President needs to look for NomCom
Chair candidates around the time of the First IETF; and she needs
to have a shortlist 3 or 4 weeks after the First IETF. My suggestion
(which again is not a normative change to 3777) is that the
outgoing NomCom Chair should verify that this process is triggered
during the First IETF. That is where the timeline should start,
not with spontaneous generation of a NomCom Chair in late May.

Minor suggestion: please quote dates in an international format,
such as 2008-02-03. The format you use, 2/3/2008, is objectively
ambiguous. In Europe, it's the 2nd of March.

    Brian
-- 
NEW: Preferred email for non-IBM matters: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe>

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:53:48 -0600

> not with spontaneous generation of a NomCom Chair in late May.

I think this is a good idea as well.

The draft looks good to me otherwise..

-danny