Subject: Re: [ietf-outcomes] A question of style

From: Mel Beckman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:44:34 -0800

I posted the "Only SSH-2 adopted by IETF" comment to users that the  
IETF-adopted standard for SSH isnt' backward-compatible with SSH-1. No  
marketing was intended. I'll use phrasing suggested by dhc, which is  
more clear: "SSH2 is incompatible with pre-standardized SSH1".

  -mel

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 15:02:08 -0800

> more clear: "SSH2 is incompatible with pre-standardized SSH1".

Mel,

Thanks for the effort on the wiki and thanks for following up with me.

I apologize for removing the text before asking.  I reacted too quickly.  It's 
easy to add it back, but I wanted to wait for some feedback from the list in 
response to my query about it.  Your clarification certainly sounds reasonable.

I, for one, like your alternate wording.

Thanks!

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net