Subject: [ietf-privacy] fyi: Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2011)

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:58:39 -0700

Subject: [IAS-Opportunities] Call for papers - Workshop on Privacy in the
	Electronic Society (WPES	2011)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:46:02 +0200
To: [email-masked]

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

CALL FOR PAPERS

**********************************************************************
Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2011)
Chicago, IL, USA - Monday, October 17th, 2011
http://wpes11.rutgers.edu/
**********************************************************************

The need for privacy-aware policies, regulations, and techniques has
been widely recognized. This workshop discusses the problems of
privacy in the global interconnected societies and possible
solutions. The 2011 Workshop, held in conjunction with the
ACM CCS conference, is the tenth in a yearly forum for papers on all
the different aspects of privacy in today's electronic society.

The workshop seeks submissions from academia and industry presenting
novel research on all theoretical and practical aspects of electronic
privacy, as well as experimental studies of fielded systems.
We encourage submissions from other communities such as law and
business that present these communities' perspectives on
technological issues. Topics of interest include, but are not
limited to:

- anonymity, pseudonymity, and unlinkability
- data correlation and leakage attacks
- data security and privacy
- electronic communication privacy
- economics of privacy
- information dissemination control
- personally identifiable information
- privacy-aware access control
- privacy and anonymity in the Web
- privacy in cloud and grid systems
- privacy and confidentiality management
- privacy and data mining
- privacy in the digital business
- privacy in the electronic records
- privacy enhancing technologies
- privacy in health care and public administration
- privacy and human rights
- privacy metrics
- privacy in mobile systems
- privacy in outsourced scenarios
- privacy policies
- privacy vs. security
- privacy in social networks
- privacy threats
- privacy and virtual identity
- public records and personal privacy
- user profiling
- wireless privacy

PAPER SUBMISSIONS
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap papers that have been
published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a
conference with proceedings. Regular submissions should be at most
10 pages in the ACM double-column format, excluding well-marked
appendices, and at most 12 pages total. Committee members are not
required to read the appendices, and so the paper should be
intelligible without them. Submissions are not required to be
anonymized. The workshop will also consider short submissions of up
to 4 pages for results that are preliminary or that simply require
few pages to describe. Authors of regular submitted papers will
indicate at the time of submission whether they would like their
paper to also be considered for publication as a short paper
(4 proceedings pages).

Submissions are to be made to the submission web site at
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wpes11.
You will be requested to upload the file of your paper
(in PDF format only). Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk
rejection without consideration of their merits. Papers must be
received by the deadline of July 2, 2011 to be considered.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors by
August 10, 2011. The camera ready must be prepared by August 25, 2011
(firm). Proceedings of the workshop will be published by ACM on a CD,
available to the workshop attendees. Papers will be included in the
ACM Digital Library, with a specific ISBN. Each accepted paper must
be presented by an author, who will have to be registered by the
early-bird registration deadline.

IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for submission of all papers:  July 2, 2011
Acceptance notification:  August 10, 2011
Final papers due: August 25, 2011

ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE

PC CHAIR
Jaideep Vaidya
Rutgers University
email: [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Rafael Accorsi, University of Freiburg, Germany
Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Claudio Ardagna, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Mikhail Atallah, Purdue University, USA
Vijayalakshmi Atluri, Rutgers University, USA
Marina Blanton, University of Notre Dame, USA
Nikita Borisov, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati, Univ. degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Roger Dingledine, The Tor Project, USA
Sara Foresti, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Keith Frikken, Miami University of Ohio, USA
Nicholas J. Hopper, University of Minnesota, USA
Keith Irwin, Winston-Salem State University, USA
Wei Jiang, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
Murat Kantarcioglu, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Hiroaki Kikuchi, Tokai University, Japan
Adam Lee, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Bradley Malin, Vanderbilt University, USA
Stefano Paraboschi, Universita' degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
Pierangela Samarati, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Basit Shafiq, Lahore University of Management Science, Pakistan
Heechang Shin, Iona College, USA
Danfeng Yao, Virginia Tech, USA
Ting Yu, North Carolina State University, USA

GENERAL CHAIR (ACM CCS 2011 General Chair)
Yan Chen
Northwestern University, Illinois, USA

PUBLICITY CHAIR
Sara Foresti
Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy

This call for papers and additional information about the conference
can be found at http://wpes11.rutgers.edu/
_______________________________________________
IAS-Opportunities mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.cerias.purdue.edu/mailman/listinfo/ias-opportunities