Subject: [ietf-privacy] Draft report on IETF89 PM review lunch meeting report

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 06:19:51 -0400

Draft Meeting report.

A set of notes created by Scott Brim (thanks!) can be found at: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GwD5m09p42fS3OWucYwPZ0lWcVN8Y_HIN0yp2BzYYYI/edit?usp=sharing

Those who were at the meeting should feel free to add their comments.  A 
text view of their current state is attached to this message.

In terms of the meeting, we discussed several issues and I believe we 
came up with the following:

- Volunteers will be begin to work on reviews of existing standards 
track RFCs

- While the reviews will be primarily for Pervasive Monitoring (PM) 
risks and issues, privacy issues will also be in scope for the reviews.

- Several Protocols were given as first examples including;
   -- DNS (there are already some reviews in circulation)
   -- DHCP (There is already an review i this area)
   -- URI usage
   -- yet to be selected from the INT area

There is a long list of things to be reviewed.  Stephen Farrell agreed 
to check with other ADs on any particular recommendations they might 
have on docs to be reviewed.

- There are several volunteers for this work listed in the meeting 
notes.  Several volunteers came forward later.  This will be tracked on 
the wiki once it is set up.

- An initial milestone of 15 May was set for some of the reviews.

- We had a discussion of some of the review work that had been done.  It 
was the feeling of the group that while we should be collecting a set of 
bases for PM reviews, we would build on the work done for privacy 
including RFC6973 Questionnaire.  Creating a criteria set for PM 
reviewing would be an ongoing project.  There was discussion on the 
utility of prioritizing or categorizing  the PM and Privacy concerns.

- While the group did not decide to work on reviews of current drafts, 
there was a spirit of cooperation on the work being done by Gen Art.  
This needs follow-up.

- There was a decision to use the ietf-privacy email list for this work 
instead of the perpass list.  This is being sent to ietf-privacy and 
then forwarded to perpass, but we should probably try to limit 
discussion to the ietf-privacy list if at all possible.

-  I will work to coordinate activities Using an IETF WIki.  this Wiki 
has been setup, <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/ppm-legacy-review/>  
but I have not done anything with it yet.  Still learning this flavor of 
wiki, but will have some first pages soon.  Eg. will put thse notes and 
the meeting notes on the wiki.

26 People signed the not quite blue sheets.