Subject: [ietf-privacy] EU privacy regulators' comp.sci-literate rules on Anonymisation Techniques

From: Caspar Bowden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 00:04:46 +0200

European privacy regulators today issued the highest quality regulatory 
paper I have ever seen Anonymisation Techniques

Storified version *here 
<wden/art-29-wp-opinion-216-on-anonymisation-techniques>* for gist, full 
text (37 pages) in first tweet

Recommended, especially for clarifying misconceptions about pseudonymity

The tl;dr is there's a whole lot of data being processed as "anonymous" 
which ain't (in EU law)

Caspar

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:24:53 -0400

> text (37 pages) in first tweet

in case anyone else is having trouble with the above link, i think this
is the opinion Caspar is referring to:

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2014/wp216_en.pdf

	--dkg