Subject: [ietf-privacy] Fwd: IEEE CNS 2017 SPA Workshop *** New Submission Deadline (Extended) ***

From: Thorsten Strufe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:17:56 +0200

Apologies for cross-posting, please let me share this deadline extension
with you, in case you or your students are interested...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Workshop on Security and Privacy in digital Advertising within the
fifth IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (IEEE CNS -
SPA 2017)
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA -- October 11, 2017

(We apologize if you received duplicate copies)

Digital advertising is one of the fastest-growing businesses of
contemporary economy: a worldwide market which is already worth more
than 200 billion dollars per year, and expected to almost double by
2020. In addition, the global spread of mobile devices, widespread
adoption of pervasive IoT technologies, as well as broad diffusion of
social media applications have been changing the original target of
digital advertising, therefore reaching out to an unprecedented number
of users almost anytime and anywhere. Given the multi-billion dollars
nature of the advertising market and the lack of legislation against ad
fraud in many countries, fraudsters have a strong economic incentive to
perpetrate fraudulent activities and exploit vulnerabilities of online
advertising systems.
 Many attacks on such systems have the goal of exhausting advertisers
budget. This could be either done by a fraudulent publisher who is
attempting to make more money than it deserves, or by a fraudulent
advertiser who is targeting other (antagonistic) advertisers to reduce
ad competition. Other threats may concern user privacy; indeed, ad
networks deploy user profiling mechanisms to better target advertising
campaigns. This mostly translates into tracking user's activities (e.g.,
for web browsing, exploiting client-side browser state via cookies).
Unfortunately, these techniques collect a huge amount of information to
identify, profile, and trace the user. Users are thus in need of a way
to control the sharing of their information with advertisers in order to
protect their privacy.
 Given this challenging scenario, SPA seeks novel contributions
describing theoretical and practical solutions to the aforementioned
problems, namely how to make future digital advertising more secure and
privacy-aware. Submissions may represent any application area of digital
advertising: from traditional display advertising and sponsored search
results to in-stream native advertising and mobile app-install ads. In
addition, visionary work on new application areas of digital
advertising, such as advertising on the Internet of Things, are also
highly encouraged.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, Security and Privacy
Issues in:

- Display Advertising
- Sponsored Search
- Native Advertising
- Mobile Advertising (Web and in-App)
- Contextual Advertising
- Behavioral-targeted Advertising
- Location-targeted Advertising
- Marketplace and Economics of Computational Advertising
- Ad Clicks Attribution and Billing
- Ad Conversion Attribution and Billing
- Ad Network Traffic Analysis
- Ad Personalization
- Ad Blocking Technologies
- User Tracing and Profiling
- Social Network Advertising
- Social Media Advertising
- Cross-channel Advertising
- Data Mining for Internet Advertising
- Machine Learning for Computational Advertising
- Crowd-sourced Review Platforms
- Opinion Mining
- Psychological Advertising
- Real-time Bidding
- Statistical Game Theory for Computational Advertising
- IoT Advertising
- Advertising in Smart Cities

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently
under review in any other  conference or journal, and has not been
previously published. All submissions must be written in English with a
maximum paper length of 6 (six) pages including text, figures, and
references, and formatted according to the two-column IEEE conference
paper format (10-point font). Accepted papers will be published in the
IEEE Digital Library after the conference and included in the IEEE CNS
proceedings as well as IEEE Xplore. Papers should be submitted using the
CNS main conference submission system (EDAS).

For more detailed information about the workshop, please visit the
workshop website:
http://cns2017.ieee-cns.org/workshop/security-and-privacy-digital-advertising-spa

IMPORTANT DATES
- Paper submission (*** NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE ***): July 15, 2017 (21:00
PDT)
- Notification of acceptance: August 11, 2017
- Final paper: August 17, 2017

WORKSHOP CHAIRS
- Mauro Conti, University of Padua, Italy
- Gabriele Tolomei, Yahoo Research, UK

TPC
- Aris Anagnostopolous (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates (NTENT, USA)
- Igor Bilogrevic (Google Inc., Switzerland)
- Marc Bron (Yahoo Research, UK)
- Stefano Calzavara (Ca' Foscari University of Venice, Italy)
- Elena Ferrari (University of Insubria, Italy)
- Juan Garay (Yahoo Research, USA)
- Paolo Gasti (New York Institute of Technology, USA)
- Jens Grossklags (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- Chhagan Lal (University of Padua, Italy)
- Mounia Lalmas (Yahoo Research, USA)
- Fabio Pinelli (Cloud4Wi, Italy)
- Radha Poovendran (University of Washington, USA)
- Min Shao (Yahoo Research, USA)
- Fabrizio Silvestri (Facebook Inc., USA)
- Angelo Spognardi (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)
- Julinda Stefa (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
- Thorsten Strufe (TU Dresden, Germany)
- Selcuk Uluagac (Florida International University, USA)
- Chia-Mu Yu (National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan)
- Moti Yung (Columbia University, USA)