Subject: [ietf-runners] Running in Maastricht

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:38:35 +0200

Hi all!

It's time this list got put to use! 

FWIW, I am at the tulip apple hotel
(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maastricht,+apple+tulip&sll=35.772096,-78.638614&sspn=0.791091,1.113739&ie=UTF8&hq=apple+tulip&hnear=Maastricht,+Limburg,+The+Netherlands&ll=50.859169,5.718427&spn=0.009617,0.017402&t=h&z=16)
and just ran around the area exploring. I found a mix of
residential/open spaces north and east of the hotel. Easy running,
lots of choices.

>From walking around town yesterday, I would assume that running along
the river is a good option. Anyone here tried this yet?

Other recommendations or suggestions on nice places to run?

Thomas

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:44:41 +0200

> Other recommendations or suggestions on nice places to run?

I saw Hannes come in from a run this morning at the NH, so he may have suggestions.

Lars

---

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:58:37 +0300

Hi All,

I ran this morning from the Van Der Valk hotel, and basically the entire area is pretty suitable for running with mostly quiet streets. So I just ran north for about 1 km, and then west for about 1 km, and then back.

Another direction worth exploring is running west towards the river - there should be a path right along the river.

Tal.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lars Eggert
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 9:45 AM
To: Thomas Narten; Hannes Tschofenig
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ietf-runners] Running in Maastricht

Lars

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:03:26 +0200

I'm staying just south of the MECC. I ran north along the Maas. Crossing the Hogeweerd (the southern section of Limburglaan) was slightly challenging, but once across, there is a footpath by the trailer park and nature reserve. That part is not on the river, but you get to the river by Randwijck. I crossed the JFK Brug, continued north along the Maas side of Maasboulevard, and eventually looped around and ran through the central square, returning to the Maas, crossing the de Hoge Brug, and back down the river.

9km

On Jul 26, 2010, at 9:38 AM, Thomas Narten wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ietf-runners mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-runners

---

From: Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:55:30 +0200

Greg and I got a good part of the way along this route this morning - it's off-road, by the river, just watch out for mopeds on the cycle path! (The GMap route is automagically approximate, but the dirt trail is pretty obvious adjacent to the sidewalk)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3845613

On 26 Jul 2010, at 09:44, Lars Eggert wrote:

> Lars_______________________________________________

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:42:08 +0200

I was up this morning at 6am.  I'm at the NH, I headed to the river, 
and ran North.

I ran 2 miles up the river and then came back.

I plan to be out every day at 6am, although I could be talked in to a 
slightly different time.

Any takers?

Jim

-- On July 26, 2010 9:38:35 AM +0200 Thomas Narten <[email-masked]> 
wrote regarding [ietf-runners] Running in Maastricht --

> (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maastric
> ht,+apple+tulip&sll=35.772096,-78.638614&sspn=0.791091,1.113739&ie=UT
> F8&hq=apple+tulip&hnear=Maastricht,+Limburg,+The+Netherlands&ll=50.85
> 9169,5.718427&spn=0.009617,0.017402&t=h&z=16) and just ran around the
> area exploring. I found a mix of