Subject: [ietf-runners] running in Berlin - yeah!

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:43:48 +0200

The Tiergarten park is just down the road and it provides many
crisscrossing very wide paths for running (or walking or biking) any
distance you desire.  It is flat.

>From the Intercontinental turn left out the main entrance.  The park
is not more than 3 city blocks down;  you can't miss it.

Don't worry about getting lost in the park.  The end of every path
that exits/enters the park has a detailed map so you can check your
location.

Don't be surprised by the nude sun bathers or the second hand smoke.
In fact, for a spiritual experience while running pause briefly at the
second hand smoke and inhale deeply; hold it as long as you can before
exhaling.  Get it?!

I was out yesterday afternoon and I'll head out again Sunday afternoon.

Shall we set our "usual" standing appointment of 6am in front of the
Intercontinental?  Any takers for Monday morning?  I'm not at the
Intercontinental so I'll just pass by if no one is ready to go.

Jim

---

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 07:07:35 +0000

Jim,

Sounds great! I just got to the InterContinental and saw the Tiergarten as I came in.  I am up for 6am runs and will plan to be out there Monday morning.  Would love to run this afternoon but have meetings.

Thanks for the info,
Dan

----
Dan York
+1-802-735-1624    Skype: danyork
http://www.danyork.com/
http://twitter.com/danyork

On Jul 28, 2013, at 8:44 AM, "James Galvin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ietf-runners mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-runners

---

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:43:21 +0000

I went out running this morning in Tiergarten.  They have an 8k loop marked on the park map.   I didn't figure out how the loop was marked, but I managed to run about 10k in and around the park.  Even at 6:30am it was little hot and humid for my Pacific Northwest conditioning.

Joe

Sent from my iPad