Subject: [ietf-runners] Diamond Head

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 01:27:43 +0100

Robert Cragie and I were thinking about jogging to the Diamond Head
tomorrow morning.

If you want to join us we are planning to meet at 6:30am in front of the
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Alana Waikiki Hotel (1956 Ala Moana Boulevard).

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:31:12 -1000

So did you go?

And if you did, did you

	a) Take a dollar so you could get to the top?
	b) Not go to the top?
	c) Manage to get away without paying?

Mat

On 9 Nov 2014, at 14:27, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ietf-runners mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-runners

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:00:06 +0100

Hi Mat,

yes, we went there. Jouni Korhonen and Greg Wood joined me. Jouni had to
leave early but Greg and I managed to do the entire run.

The distance was 15km and it took us 1 hour 41 min. We used the tunnel
to get to the crater (in the center) and then we ran up one of the hills
from the inside. (A good place to take pictures.) The hills are not very
high -- a little bit more than 250 hm.

Subsequently, we ran back a different route (along the beach).

It was a nice run even though there were too many tourists at Diamond
Head itself.

Note: It was not really a trail run. For some reasons you are not
allowed to walk / hike outside the marked paths/trails.

We had to pay at the entrance. It was a surprise for me. Luckily Greg
had money.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Greg Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:37:53 -1000

Thanks to Hannes’ encouragement, it ended up being a very memorable outing, if not exactly a steady run (in part because of tourists on the trail).

We briefly ran with the Hawaii Pacific University cross country team on the way to D-head.

Here’s the plot of data from my Garmin watch:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/631411669

-Greg

---

From: Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:43:56 -1000

> http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/631411669

I didn't have a dollar :-( http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/631130402

---

From: Joe Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:15:39 -1000

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 2:43 PM, Matthew Ford <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 

I ended running the loop road around the crater.  Less vertical, but still nice views of the ocean.