Subject: [ietf-runners] Mt. Fuji

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 22:20:15 +0200

FYI: I did some further research on the idea of running up Mt. Fuji.

There is a running event up Mt. Fuji, which is described at
https://www.city.fujiyoshida.yamanashi.jp/div/english/html/race.html
A link of the actual route is also available:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zNiyK59SjtDY.keEngcWToSyM

It would be natural to follow the same route.

From the above-mentioned webpage I saw that the Mt. Fuji mountain run
starts at Fujiyoshida City.

There are, however, a couple other routes up the mountain as well. This
webpage http://www.fujiyama-navi.jp/fujitozan/route/lang/en/ lists 4
other routes, namely Yoshida Trail, Subashiri Trail, Gtemba Trail,
Fujinomiya Trail.

The route from the mountain running event does not seem to correspond to
any other of the hiking trails.

I have so far failed to find the GPS tracks for these routes. This would
make it easier for me to find out what route I should best take. This
will obviously determine where to travel by train/bus.

Ciao
Hannes