Subject: [ietf-runners] Upgraded jogging path along the river

From: Greg Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:24:35 +0200

The jogging path heading along the river has been significantly upgraded since the IETF meeting in Prague. 

Head out of the front of the Hilton, turn right, cross the road at the light, turn right again to head under the bridge and pick up the path heading off to your left. I followed it for about 4 km out and I highly recommended it if you are looking for a smooth car-free place to run/jog/walk.

-Greg

---

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:00:17 +0200

I also find this path to be quite good.

Early in the morning there is not much traffic.  So, you can go quite 
far along side the river on a sidewalk.

Jim

On 17 Jul 2017, at 9:24, Greg Wood wrote:

> The jogging path heading along the river has been significantly 
> upgraded since the IETF meeting in Prague.
>
> Head out of the front of the Hilton, turn right, cross the road at the 
> light, turn right again to head under the bridge and pick up the path 
> heading off to your left. I followed it for about 4 km out and I 
> highly recommended it if you are looking for a smooth car-free place 
> to run/jog/walk.
>
> -Greg_______________________________________________
> ietf-runners mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-runners

---

From: Deb Cooley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 04:15:12 -0400

+1:  On Saturday, a couple of us rode bikes up that side of the river for
10 miles before the bike path wandered off the river.  Follow the yellow
signs for the A2 bike route.  Most of the route is asphalt but there are
sometimes options for a dirt trail as well.

Also note:  the 'closed' section of trail just by the Hilton seems to be
used by pedestrians w/out much issue.  YMMV.

>From a safety point of view, I was much happier running on this trail than
the other way on the river or in the city parks.  There was more
bike/commuter and running type traffic, less people sleeping on the park
benches.  But maybe I'm just sensitive (and twitchy) when running alone in
the morning....  again, YMMV.

Deb Cooley

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:00 AM, James Galvin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Early in the morning there is not much traffic.  So, you can go quite far
> along side the river on a sidewalk.
>
> Jim
>
>
>
>> heading off to your left. I followed it for about 4 km out and I highly
>> recommended it if you are looking for a smooth car-free place to
>> run/jog/walk.
>>
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:39:42 -0400

I did a river / Letná park / Charles bridge circuit this morning, and can
confirm the results here.  Park is pretty, but there are people sleeping
there, if that bothers you.

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:16:19 +0200

Richard,

I also ran at that park this morning. There was almost nobody using it,
which made for a relaxed run (especially compared to the Monday
morning commuter crowds in the city getting to/from the park), but I
found the layout of paths a bit confusing at least for my still-sleeping
brain. Also, the trail is sometimes a bit bumpy at parts (tree roots
growing push up under the asphalt and so on). Lots of cute dogs who
were really well behaved though, if you like that (I do). Sleeping
people were still sleeping when I was there.

Overall I don't know that I'd recommend it. I'll try a river run later
in the week and compare... :)

Cheers,

--
Shane

At 2017-07-17 05:39:42 -0400