Subject: [ietf-runners] a running date

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 17:25:08 +0800

When this list first started we had a pretty active group of people who 
would get together each morning of the IETF and off we’d go to enjoy 
the morning and get ready for the day.

I’m wondering if folks might be interested in at least one day of 
getting out to run this week?

Yes, it is quite warm but it is fresh air and natural light!

We have an excellent waterfront on which to run.

My suggestion is a group gathering at 7am on Thursday morning in the 
Swissotel lobby.  Then we’ll head out to the waterfront and do what we 
want to do.

Is anyone interested?

Separately, should we consider a running group for the next IETF?  
Perhaps we don’t go every day but we can select a day or two to get 
together and enjoy the out of doors.  I’m not expecting it to be too 
cold but I guess we’ll see at the time.

Let’s hear it!

Jim

---

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 13:58:56 +0800

So this morning was a bust.

Anyone still around on Friday morning and want to hit the waterfront?

7am Friday in the Swissotel lobby?

Jim

On 20 Nov 2019, at 17:25, James Galvin wrote:

> When this list first started we had a pretty active group of people 
> who would get together each morning of the IETF and off we’d go to 
> enjoy the morning and get ready for the day.
>
> Swissotel lobby.  Then we’ll head out to the waterfront and do what 
> we want to do.
>
> Is anyone interested?
>

---

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:18:57 +0800

I’ve been asked privately by a few people about the pace and distance 
of a group run.

For me, the group run gives priority to staying together.  We run only 
as fast as the slowest runner and we run only as far as the shortest 
distance any runner can achieve.  This activity is by far more of a 
friendly networking event than it is in any way competitive.

In the past, folks who have “routines” that are important to them 
will either get up early and complete those before our group run or 
continue running after the group run completes.

If you want to run please say so on list.  I will join anyone else who 
wants to commit to running.  I will run regardless but I’ll probably 
be more flexible about my start time if no one else says they will be 
there at 7am.

Hope to hear from someone!

Thanks,

Jim

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:10:15 +0800

> 7am Friday in the Swissotel lobby?

It occured to me at 3am, as I returned from the Scotch BOF that I should find
out if you had replied to my query about Friday morning.  I then realized
that there was no way I was going out this morning :-)

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 02:49:44 +0000

Anyone want to run Friday after 5pm in Botanic Garden? 

Linda
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-runners <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael Richardson
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 10:10 AM
To: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Cc: ietf-runners <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [ietf-runners] a running date

    > 7am Friday in the Swissotel lobby?

It occured to me at 3am, as I returned from the Scotch BOF that I should find out if you had replied to my query about Friday morning.  I then realized that there was no way I was going out this morning :-)

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandelman.ca%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Clinda.dunbar%40futurewei.com%7C0639602df84c431b6fc308d76ef12130%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637099854236969424&amp;sdata=FGOOPHlYpFFRxBKLk7xCYIH%2FR3RHFVInb%2F7JiQxCmPU%3D&amp;reserved=0        |   ruby on rails    [

_______________________________________________
ietf-runners mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fietf-runners&amp;data=02%7C01%7Clinda.dunbar%40futurewei.com%7C0639602df84c431b6fc308d76ef12130%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637099854236969424&amp;sdata=jY4kRpT20pQRK4Lemnox%2BFVy7OlcqnZ2Sq7ghmTe1%2BU%3D&amp;reserved=0

---

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:18:28 +0800

Martin and I enjoyed a run this morning.

Unfortunately I already have plans for this evening so I could not run 
at 5pm.

I look forward to having a few running groups at the next IETF in 
Vancouver.

See you all then!

Jim

On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:49, Linda Dunbar wrote:

> It occured to me at 3am, as I returned from the Scotch BOF that I 
> should find out if you had replied to my query about Friday morning.  
> I then realized that there was no way I was going out this morning :-)
>
> --
> ]     [email-masked]  
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandelman.ca%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Clinda.dunbar%40futurewei.com%7C0639602df84c431b6fc308d76ef12130%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637099854236969424&amp;sdata=FGOOPHlYpFFRxBKLk7xCYIH%2FR3RHFVInb%2F7JiQxCmPU%3D&amp;reserved=0 
>        |   ruby on rails    [
>
>
>