Subject: [ietf-sailors] Sailing on the San Francisco Bay, depart noon Hilton Lobby near Starbucks

From: Mark Millet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:07:32 -0700

We are meeting at the Hilton Lobby Starbucks at noon, and will leave the
hotel via Taxi at 12:15 today.

If you are flying out before midnight today, you can bring your luggage on
board, and we will arrange that anyone who joins us is able to make a 6:30
pm arrival time at San Francisco Airport.

We will go to a small gourmet market near the marina to pick up lunch on the
way to the marina. (Via taxi), and then leave the dock about 1:15 pm. (South
Beach Marina, slip A72)

Please call my cell phone if you are running late.

Thank you,
Mark.

If anyone would like to come for a 3 hour sail on
San Francisco bay this Friday, please let me know: 650 303 2394

Slipstream is a 2003 Catalina 42 Mk II, which I race weekly from April 15
to Oct 15

Depart: Friday, between 12:30 - 2 pm, depending upon who can make it.
       Pac Bell / ATT Park Marina, $8 cab from Hilton, or 20 minutes on N or
T
lines, + 3 block walk from hotel

Arrive: about 3 hours later, Redwood City Marina, 451 Seaport Court,
Redwood City, CA 94063, where I have a car, and can drive people to
Caltrain, which will get you back to San Francisco in about 35-45 minutes.
(Assume 5 hours round trip from hotel to be certain.) If your flight is
after 7 pm PST, there is not any issue with your coming & having plenty of
time to check in. We can get you to SFO airport, which is only about 20 km
from the marina.

I have jackets, sailing gear for guests, but tennis shoes or non-marking
soles would be prefered. Layers are also good. Forecast is 70 degrees (21
C), with 12-17 knots wind, and sunny.

Food on board is limited to 2 bottles of wine, and some sodas, but there is
a good market 1 block from the dock (Townsend & Embarkadero), for those
sailing essentials.

Please reply by 11:00 am PST via email, or call my cell phone (650 303
2394) if you are attending.

I have room for up to 10 guests, and it is first come basis.

Thank you,

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:34:28 -0500

I'd like to thank Mark for a very nice sail. _Slipstream_ is a fine  
boat. Those who couldn't make it missed a good time.

I've never gotten the chance to sail on San Francisco Bay before, and  
have always wanted to do so.

On Mar 27, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Mark Millet wrote:

>        Pac Bell / ATT Park Marina, $8 cab from Hilton, or 20 minutes  
> on N or T