Subject: [ietf-sailors] To participants of the Helga Holm sailing

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:34:02 +0200

Hi,

Now that it is 3 weeks until the sailing event on Helga Holm I would
like to inform you a little about good to know details.

As you likely have realized there is no below decks on Helga, so you
need to have cloths suitable for spending a day out in the open. So
don't forget some rain cloths.

In addition she is a wooden ship and tared, so don't bring your most
sensitive gear, it might get some tar stains.

To my knowledge they have life jackets that can be borrowed.

When it comes to food and drinks for the day I thought the easiest would
be for everyone to get what they want individually. I don't have a car
so I can't easier than you do any bigger purchases of sodas etc. If
people want to team up please do that.

The sailing I previously have been on has been non-liqueur until the
anchored has been dropped.

My plan so far has been to gather at 9.15 on Saturday out at the boat
club "Bosö" which is on Lidingö. See the anchor symbol on this map:

http://kartor.eniro.se/query?mop=aq&mapstate=6%3B18.18289%3B59.37842%3Bs%3B18.15660%3B59.38945%3B18.20912%3B59.36742%3B974%3B771%3B0%3B1&mapcomp=%3B%3B%3BBos%F6%20hamnv%E4g%3B%3B%3B18147%3BLIDING%D6%3B%3B%3B%3B%3B18.1828925165328%3B59.3784250738188%3B0%3B0%3B%3BLIDING%D6%3Bmaps_place.3184137.22%3B1&what=map_adr&searchInMap=1&geo_area=Bos%F6%20hamnv%E4g%2C%20LIDING%D6&stq=0&pis=0

Stockholm downtown is west south west of the boat club.

It is possible to take the subway and then bus to stop "Rudboda Torg"
and that trip takes 20 min from T-Centralen. And then there is a 10 min
walk at arrival down to the boat club. The busses only goes every half
hour. So the gathering time is chosen to fit the following trip:

At "T-centralen" at 8.45 take subway line 13 to "Ropsten". It arrives at
8.53. So in Ropsten go directly to bus 212 to "Björnbo" which leaves
"Ropsten" at 8.56. Step of at "Rudboda Torg". Then you walk down to the
boat club by crossing the big street and go down "Bosövägen". Take the
first right, and yes you will see the boat club on the right when it is
time to turn.

A cab is likely around 10-15 min.

We are enough people that the boat rent will be 300 sek per person
assuming that we are at least 17 people participate. I want this in cash
on the day of sailing. I will give any surplus to the society that owns
Helga.

Questions around practical details?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------