Subject: Dallas Area Sailing

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:37:57 -0500

Hi,

I have a 31 ft Beneteau on Lewisville Lake, near Dallas. The current 
forecast for the Saturday after the IETF looks like excellent sailing 
weather. If anyone expects to still be in town, you are invited join me 
for an afternoon sail, assuming the forecast holds. (Keeping in mind 
that spring weather in Texas is notoriously unpredictable.)

I know this is late notice and people already have return travel planned 
or other commitments. Up until today, the forecast for the post-IETF 
weekend looked less promising.

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:41:16 +0000

On 2015-3-19, at 15:37, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have a 31 ft Beneteau on Lewisville Lake, near Dallas. The current forecast for the Saturday after the IETF looks like excellent sailing weather.

Now I'm even more bummed I'm not coming!

Lars

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:22:20 +0100

Hi,

I am interested, I do however have an 18:50 flight from DFW - Terminal
D. I don't want to restrict your plans significantly.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:29:09 -0400

Ben:

I wish you had asked sooner.  It sounds fun.  Sadly, I am flying out on Saturday.

Russ

On Mar 19, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Ben Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have a 31 ft Beneteau on Lewisville Lake, near Dallas. The current forecast for the Saturday after the IETF looks like excellent sailing weather. If anyone expects to still be in town, you are invited join me for an afternoon sail, assuming the forecast holds. (Keeping in mind that spring weather in Texas is notoriously unpredictable.)
> 
> I know this is late notice and people already have return travel planned or other commitments. Up until today, the forecast for the post-IETF weekend looked less promising.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Ben.
>

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:30:18 -0500

> D. I don't want to restrict your plans significantly.

Plans are flexible. We should be able to work around that. We can either 
start a bit early (you may not be the only one with a Saturday evening 
flight) --or if people want to go later our lake is not so big to 
prevent a return to dock to drop off or pick up people.

It should take under 30 minutes to get from our marina to DFW on a 
Saturday afternoon, barring unusual traffic disruptions.  Will you have 
ground transportation?

/Ben.

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:30:55 -0400

Thanks so much for the invitation...I'd love to join, but my return flight leaves DFW Saturday AM.

- Ralph

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 10:37 AM 3/19/15, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:34:31 -0500

> I wish you had asked sooner.  It sounds fun.  Sadly, I am flying out 

Apologies for that, and I know lots of people are the same, uhm, boat. I 
should have said something earlier, but the weather this time of year 
can be so unpredictable it probably wouldn't have made sense for people 
to plan their travel around it.

/Ben.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:45:52 +0100

> Saturday afternoon, barring unusual traffic disruptions.  Will you have

You mean rental car? Currently no.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:46:20 +0200

Ben,

Thanks, but like others I fly home Friday evening.

Bob

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>