Subject: MailConnect 2 interoperability event
From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: (drums, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked])
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:26:15 -0800

Folks,

	The Internet Mail Consortium is now trying to finalize details for
MailConnect 2, an engineering interoperability event for Internet mail
software developers.  This past summer's MailConnect 1 tested IMAP4 and
MIME.

	MailConnect 2 is intended for ESMTP and more IMAP4 testing.

	In previous queries, the end of March appeared to be the best
choice for bringing developers together.  I would like to get some quick
feedback about preferred dates, from folks who are likely to attend.

			    LOGISTICS

	The event will be in the same venue as before, the San Jose, CA
Hilton.  They now have a T1 connection to the net.  We'll be providing
snacks and drinks  and, will provide lunch this time.

	We are investigating reduced room rates at the Hilton.  Let me know
if you would be likely to stay there:

					Yes ____	No ____

			      DATE

	Please indicate ALL of the following that are feasible for you:

		March	18/19 - T/W	____
			19/20 - W/Th	____
			21/22 - Th/F 	____

		March	25/26 - T/W	____
			27/28 - W/Th	____
			28/29 - Th/F	____

		April	  1/2 - T/W	____
			  2/3 - W/Th	____
			  (no 3/4, to avoid the Friday before IETF)

	If a later date is very strongly preferred, please let me know.  If
a later date is very strongly NOT preferred, also let me know.

			     COSTS

     Early Registration:  $1500 for IMC members; $2000 for non-members
     Late Registration:   $2000 for IMC members; $2500 for non-members

d/

--------------------
Dave Crocker, Director                                       +1 408 246 8253
Internet Mail Consortium                                 (f) +1 408 249 6205
127 Segre Place                                             [email-masked]
Santa Cruz, CA  95060 USA                  [email-masked] , http://www.imc.org