Subject: [Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Internet Message Format' to Draft Standard]
From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
To: ietf-822 mailing list <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 22:11:49 -0400
List-Id: <ietf-smtp.imc.org>

fyi. 2821bis and 2822upd will be published together, so this should be
the last hurdle before auth48 both both of those.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Message Format' to Draft Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet Message Format '
   <draft-resnick-2822upd-06.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-resnick-2822upd-06.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies the Internet Message Format (IMF), a syntax for
text messages that are sent between computer users, within the framework
of "electronic mail" messages.  This specification is a revision of
Request For Comments (RFC) 2822, which itself superseded Request For
Comments (RFC) 822, "Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text
Messages", updating it to reflect current practice and incorporating
incremental changes that were specified in other RFCs.

Working Group Summary

No working group is currently extant on core email formats. Subsequently,
this document was reviewed on the ietf-822 mailing list, which had been
set up by DRUMS. Pointers to the discussions there were periodically sent
to other mailing lists populated with email people, such as ietf-smtp, the
EAI working group, the LEMONADE working group, and the IMAP-EXT working
group.

Document Quality

The current document represents implementation experience from the past 7
years in email since RFC 2822 was published. As an update intended to move
the internet message format to Draft Standard status, the key issues was
to remove features not implemented by vendors and to tighten down the
specification to represent what has been implemented.

Personnel

Tony Hansen is the Doc Shepherd.  Lisa Dusseault reviewed this for the
IESG.  A number of reviewers from the email community were involved,
including such notables as Ned Freed, John Klensin, and Dave Crocker.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce