Subject: [ietf-smtp] confirm 8bdfea7f026277ef3569cabfc9e9ce16d6648021 (fwd)

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Mar 2014 16:54:42 -0000

Hi.  I certainly haven't been unsubscribing from lists.  Any idea
what's going on?

Subject: confirm 8bdfea7f026277ef3569cabfc9e9ce16d6648021
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 09:58:00 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: iecc.lists.ietf.smtp
List-Id: "Discussion of issues related to Simple Mail Transfer Protocol \(SMTP\) \[RFC 821, RFC 2821, RFC 5321\]" <ietf-smtp.ietf.org>

Mailing list removal confirmation notice for mailing list ietf-smtp

We have received a request from 216.45.53.252 for the removal of your
email address, "[email-masked]" from the [email-masked] mailing
list.  To confirm that you want to be removed from this mailing list,
simply reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or
visit this web page:

    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/confirm/ietf-smtp/8bdfea7f026277ef3569cabfc9e9ce16d6648021

Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
message to [email-masked]:

    confirm 8bdfea7f026277ef3569cabfc9e9ce16d6648021

Note that simply sending a `reply' to this message should work from
most mail readers, since that usually leaves the Subject: line in the
right form (additional "Re:" text in the Subject: is okay).

If you do not wish to be removed from this list, please simply
disregard this message.  If you think you are being maliciously
removed from the list, or have any other questions, send them to
[email-masked].

---

From: Paul Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:57:29 +0000

> Hi.  I certainly haven't been unsubscribing from lists.  Any idea
Maybe someone was trying to get you off the list for some reason?

In which case... did you really want to post the confirmation request 
you got? - someone could actually unsubscribe you now (unless you edited 
the confirmation code before posting it)

-

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800
Vat No: GB 685 6987 53

---

From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:15:17 -0400

Note that the IP Address (216.45.53.252) used to send the removal 
request was shown in the message and a PTR lookup on this address 
yields

252.53.45.216.in-addr.arpa. 86400 IN PTR 
	216.45.53.252.static.quadranet.com

Since this is a static assignment, asking quadranet.com might tell who sent it.

At 16:57 +0000 on 03/26/2014, Paul Smith wrote about Re: [ietf-smtp] 
confirm 8bdfea7f026277ef3569cabfc9e9ce16d66:

>In which case... did you really want to post the confirmation 
>request you got? - someone could actually unsubscribe you now 
>(unless you edited the confirmation code before posting it)
>
>
>
>-
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>ietf-smtp mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-smtp