Subject: [ietf-smtp] DKIM testing

From: Paul Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:50:51 +0100

Hi everyone, I'm finally getting around to adding DKIM signing support 
to our software and am having trouble getting it to work correctly. 
(We've had DomainKey signing support for a while, which works fine, so I 
think we've got the actual signing stuff OK, it's probably just the 
canonicalisation etc that's wrong).

Is there a tool anywhere which will test DKIM signatures in a very 
verbose way (rather than just 'pass/fail') - eg saying what data they 
are verifying against the signature, and giving header/body pass/fails 
separately.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:17:16 +0200

I seem to recall that opendkim can be configured to be painfully 
verbose about its findings and reasoning.

Arnt

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:23:45 -0400

You can run email test again our auto-responder if that can help.

DKIM auto responder: [email-masked]

High usage from the logs I see.  You get fast turnaround reports.  It 
has some key break downs for signatures failures. It including POLICY 
related reports like ADSP and DMARC.  The latter is not 
"DMARC-complete" since it was more of a ADSP logic change/update plug 
and play copy/add-on from the ADSP part, i.e. the SPF part is not 
reported which DMARC needs in such DMARC-updated reports.

Change Suggestions would be considered.

-- 
HLS

On 9/29/2015 9:50 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
> (We've had DomainKey signing support for a while, which works fine, so
> I think we've got the actual signing stuff OK, it's probably just the
> _______________________________________________
> ietf-smtp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-smtp
>
>