Subject: [ietf-smtp] [UPDATE] BC Government Latest Joint Statement on COVID-19

From: Michael Peddemors <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 15:22:57 -0700

Just thought I would post this, in case it has any impact..

https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/releases/news_releases_2017-2021/2020HLTH0068-000423.pdf

    ....

͞There has been a notable transmission of COVID-19 at group events 
ʹlarge and small. As a result, we recommend social distancing, forgoing 
usual greetings, consideration for virtual gatherings and, most 
importantly, staying away if you are experiencing any illness.

͞Event organizers should ask all participants to stay away if they are 
sick, returning from affected areas or have underlying health conditions 
that may be impacted by respiratory illness. Organizers should also 
complete a risk assessment considering what is happening in the
local community and who may attend the event. Guidance is available from 
the World Health Organization and the BC Centre for Disease Control, and 
local public health teams can assist with this assessment.

    ....

While there are still only 32 confirmed cases in BC, if there are those 
who might have underlying health conditions, it is something to be aware 
of.. And though I personally think we are not at any 'panic' levels for 
concern here in BC, eg no one is canceling any large events like hockey 
or Rugby 7's, it is always prudent to minimize transmission vectors.

Do we have any idea of the most recent attendance counts?

-- 
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic
A Wizard IT Company - For More Info http://www.wizard.ca
"LinuxMagic" a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
604-682-0300 Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

This email and any electronic data contained are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and are not intended to represent those of the company.