Subject: [ietf-smtp] [email-masked] Description

From: Дилян Палаузов <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 20:05:05 +0300

Hello,

the description of [email-masked]
at https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-smtp says twice:

Discussion of issues related to Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
[RFC 821, RFC 2821, RFC 5321]

The text of the “Welcome to the "ietf-smtp" mailing list” message for
new subscribers is below.

I propose extending both the mailing list description and the welcome
email with something like

“““
If you do not run a mail server, do not propose improvements to SMTP.  

If you do not run a mailing list server, refrain from advices on MLM
operation.
”””

These can be extended to be more specific, e.g. for at least “1 000
users”.

Greetings
  Дилян

-------------

Welcome to the [email-masked] mailing list!

Note Well

Any submission to the IETF intended by the Contributor for publication
as all or part of an IETF Internet-Draft or RFC and any statement made
within the context of an IETF activity is considered an "IETF
Contribution". Such statements include oral statements in IETF
sessions, as well as written and electronic communications made at any
time or place, which are addressed to:

    The IETF plenary session
    The IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the IESG
    Any IETF mailing list, including the IETF list itself, any working
group or design team list, or any other list functioning under IETF
auspices
    Any IETF working group or portion thereof
    Any Birds of a Feather (BOF) session
    The IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB
    The RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function

All IETF Contributions are subject to the rules of RFC 5378 and RFC
3979 (updated by RFC 4879).

Statements made outside of an IETF session, mailing list or other
function, that are clearly not intended to be input to an IETF
activity, group or function, are not IETF Contributions in the context
of this notice.

Please consult RFC 5378 and RFC 3979 for details.

A participant in any IETF activity is deemed to accept all IETF rules
of process, as documented in Best Current Practices RFCs and IESG
Statements.

A participant in any IETF activity acknowledges that written, audio
and video records of meetings may be made and may be available to the
public. 

If you are new to the IETF or IETF mailing lists, we recommend you:

+ Read our information for newcomers:
https://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html

+ Subscribe to the main IETF announcement mailing list:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

+ Create an IETF Datatracker account:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

More information about this list is at:

  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-smtp

To post to this list, send your message to:

  [email-masked]

To unsubscribe or manage your options for this list, visit:

  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/ietf-smtp/1%40aegee.org

Your password to manage your options is: password