Subject: [ietf-smtp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:54:29 -0700

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:41:56 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-crocker-email-deliveredto
Revision:	06
Title:		Delivered-To Email Header Field
Document date:	2021-08-13
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06

Abstract:
    The address to which email is delivered might be different than any
    of the addresses shown in any of the content header fields that were
    created by the email's author.  For example, the address used by the
    email transport service is provided separately, through an envelope
    SMTP "RCPT TO" command.  Before final delivery, handling can entail a
    sequence of submission/delivery events, using different destination
    addresses that lead to the recipient.  Also, the delivery process can
    produce local address transformations.

    It can be helpful for a message to have a common way to record each
    delivery in such a sequence, and to include each address used for
    that recipient, such as for analyzing the path a message has taken,
    for loop detection, or for formulating the author's address in a
    reply message.  This document defines a header field for this
    information.

    Email handling information discloses details about the email
    infrastructure, as well as about a particular recipient; this can
    raise possible privacy concerns.  A header field such as this is not
    automatically assured of widespread use.  Therefore this is being
    published as an Experiment, looking for constituency and for
    operational utility.  The document is produced through the
    Independent RFC stream and was not subject to the IETF's approval
    process.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net