Subject: [ietf-types] Registration of media type application/vnd.infolytica.license

From: Scott Péron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:33:10 -0500

Type name: application

Subtype name: vnd.infolytica.license

Required parameters: NONE

Optional parameters: NONE

Encoding considerations: 8bit

Security considerations: Security issues associated with this media type have not been assessed

Interoperability considerations: NONE

Published specification: N/A

Applications that use this media type: Infolytica software titles

- MagNet 6.13 and up
- ElecNet 6.13 and up
- ThermNet 6.13 and up
- MotorSolve - all versions

Additional information:

   Magic number(s): N/A
   File extension(s): .lic
   Macintosh file type code(s): N/A

Person&  email address to contact for further information: Scott Péron - [email-masked]

Intended usage: COMMON

Restrictions on usage: NONE

Author: Scott Péron/Infolytica Corporation

Change controller: Scott Péron/Infolytica Corporation

-- 
Scott Peron, Webmaster, Infolytica Corp.              [email-masked]
Tel: (514) 849-8752 x269   Fax: (514) 849-4239   http://www.infolytica.com
Place du Parc, 300 Leo-Pariseau, Suite 2222, Montreal, QC, Canada, H2X 4B3

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 03:44:19 +0100

>- MotorSolve - all versions

This should identify the kind of application that uses this media type;
for a vnd type listing individual applications seems fine, but there
should be some categorization like "music composition", "3D modeling",
"video compression", "cartography".

>Intended usage: COMMON

This seems more like LIMITED USE.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Scott Péron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:10:56 -0500

Hi Björn et al.,

> "video compression", "cartography".

Would describing them collectively as "CAE - electromagnetic simulation" work?

> This seems more like LIMITED USE.

And yes, I wasn't sure here, the RFC is not particularly clear on the usage 
choices. LIMITED USE is fine by me.

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:16:55 +0100

>Would describing them collectively as "CAE - electromagnetic simulation" work?

I don't know the software, but if "electromagnetic simulation" is fine
then just that would do as far as I am concerned (including "CAE" would
require an expansion, I assume it's for "Computer-aided engineering" but
that is unclear for the uninitiated).

>choices. LIMITED USE is fine by me.

Great.