Subject: [ietf74-1st-timers] First-Time Attendees Meet-and-Greet

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:59:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear First-Time Attendees,

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first
IETF meeting.  I look forward to meeting you at IETF 74 in
San Francisco.

In order to get you started on the right foot, you are invited  
a Meet-and-Greet with the IETF Working Group Chairs from 4-5pm on
Sunday, March 22nd.  Only first-time attendees and WG Chairs
are invited to this special reception, which will take place at  
the Hilton San Francisco, with exact room still to be determined.
Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided.  This
will be an informal gathering; there will be no speeches or
presentations.  The sole purpose of this gathering is to give you
some time to mingle with the WG Chairs.  It will provide a forum
for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the
IETF.

At 5pm, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome  
Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly
recommend that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available
online: http://www.ietf.org/tao.html.

Best Wishes,
Russ Housley
IETF Chair