Subject: [IETFMIBS] proprietary mib modules

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:09:47 +0100

I am used to finding proprietary mib modules on manufacturer's web sites but
Microsoft has defeated me.  The number of hits I get on a search is few and the
number of modules themselves is zero.   The nearest I get is a very sparse
description of Mom mib.  Yet I see plenty such mib branches in use on Windows
servers.

Anyone know where they can be obtained?  Does Microsoft have a different
terminology?

Tom Petch

_______________________________________________
IETFMIBS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietfmibs

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:22:05 -0800 (PST)

Here is the list of MIBs supported in Windows 2000 (hasn't changed much 
since then):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237295

The MIB files themselves were included in the Resource Kit. 

Here are some articles on the MIBs:
http://downloads.somix.com/mibs/microsoft-mibs.zip
http://downloads.somix.com/mibs/microsoft-sql-mibs.zip
http://downloads.somix.com/mibs/wellfleet-mibs.zip (OSPF MIB)
http://www.oidview.com/mibs/311/md-311-1.html
http://www.assure24.com/databases/snmp-mib/private/Microsoft/

---

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:16:54 +0100

Bernard

Many thanks for your help, a most comprehensive set of references; the oidview
web site is a new one to me and particularly useful.

I did go back to see if I could find that item in Knowledge Base by searching
but still did not get that hit; no matter.

Tom Petch