Subject: [IETFMIBS] Suggested MIB example for x.509 certificates?

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:04:17 -0500

I am looking for an example MIB that represents the contents of an X.509
certificate in SMIv2.  I would think that there would be a large number
of examples of this given x.509's use in many IETF-related technologies,
but I have been unable to find one.  This is a case where I'd prefer not
to reinvent my own square wheel if I can simply use someone's round one.

-- Jeff

_______________________________________________
IETFMIBS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietfmibs

---

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:32:41 -0700

Jeff, 

One example is the textual convention defined in RFC 4131 (DOCSIS
specific)

DocsX509ASN1DEREncodedCertificate ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
           STATUS    current
           DESCRIPTION
               "An X509 digital certificate encoded as an ASN.1 DER
           object."
           SYNTAX    OCTET STRING (SIZE (0..4096))

Note that is up to the application to do the parsing of the Certificate
itself, or in case of the RFC mentioned above,  there is at least one
case (See docsBpi2CmtsCACertTable) where few relevant elements from CA
certs are presented. 

Eduardo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Haas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IETFMIBS] Suggested MIB example for x.509 certificates?

-- Jeff