Subject: draft-ietf-ifmib-tunnel-mib-04.txt

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:04:03 -0700 (PDT)

About half an hour ago, I submitted draft -4 of the IP Tunnel MIB
to address the last of the comments received during IETF last call.

Changes in the actual MIB definition:  
 * Renamed tunnelIfPreference to tunnelIfTOS (Preference was a typo anyway), 
   added a value of -2 to mean "invoke traffic conditioner", and fixed
   up DESCRIPTION and range (change requested by David Black and Brian 
   Carpenter).
 * Changed tunnelIfSecurity OID (moved it from end of sequence to fill   
   in hole at tunnelIfEntry 5 so all object values are now consecutive).  
   (hole asked about by numerous folks)   
  
Wording changes outside the actual MIB definition:  
 * Added reference in introduction to RFC 1933 for IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnels, 
   and changed wording in Layering Model section regarding "physical"
   interfaces, as requested by Peder Norgaard
 * Added reference in introduction to RFC 1241 for early discussion of
   tunneling model and examples
 * Updated RFC 2271-2275 references to point to RFC 2571-2575

See
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~thalerd/draft-ietf-ifmib-tunnel-mib-04.txt
if you want to take a look before it appears in the I-D directory.

-Dave