Subject: [ifmib] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:10:27 -0700

Forwarding this announcement to the most relevant WG's...

RFC 2667, entitled "IP Tunnel MIB", only supported 
point-to-point tunnels over IPv4.  This draft updates 
RFC 2667 to also support tunnels over IPv6, as well as 
tunnels which aren't just point-to-point (e.g. 6to4).
It also clarifies the use of the ifRcvAddressTable
for all tunnels.

It uses the InetAddress types like the other MIBs
that have been done by the IPv6MIB Design Team.

-Dave

* To: IETF-Announce: ; 
* Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt 
* From: [email-masked] 
* Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:35:25 -0400 
* Reply-to: [email-masked] 
* Sender: [email-masked] 
________________________________________
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IP Tunnel MIB
	Author(s)	: D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2003-10-14
	
This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for use with
network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
particular, it describes managed objects used for managing tunnels
of any type over IPv4 and IPv6 networks.  Extension MIBs may be
designed for managing protocol-specific objects. Likewise,
extension MIBs may be designed for managing security-specific
objects.  This MIB does not support tunnels over non-IP networks.
Management of such tunnels may be supported by other MIBs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
ifmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ifmib