Subject: [EAI] EAI agenda slides with comments uploaded to IETF meeting manager

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:03:13 +0100

I have uploaded the agenda slides from the Prague meeting, with some 
conclusions added during the meeting, to the IETF materials manager.

See <http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/eai-0.pdf>

These are no substitute for minutes (which Eric Burger was kind enough to 
volunteer for), but should give some idea of things that happened.

                        Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:23:53 +0100

> These are no substitute for minutes

Thanks, I missed most details in the Jabber session, +1 for
the upgrade consensus.  Did you discuss the mailing-list
Return-Path issue ?

Frank

---

From: Yangwoo Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 04:46:56 +0900

> the upgrade consensus.  Did you discuss the mailing-list

Please correct me if...

Yes. But no consensus call for this at the meeting, while roughly in 
favor of ASCII.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:52:23 +0100

> the upgrade consensus.  Did you discuss the mailing-list

Yes.

This being an experiment, it seems right to tell mailing lists that they 
can use ALT-ADDR in the MAIL FROM parameter. In all cases of mail going to 
non-UTF8SMTP users, that should be the address that gets to them; either 
this mechanism is working for both normal users and mailing lists, or it is 
broken for both and we need to reconsider.

A mailing list with an internationalized address and no ALT-ADDR parameter 
is, of course, forcing a message to bounce when it would have to be 
downgraded to get delivered. Just as with normal users.

                           Harald

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:23:43 +0100

Yangwoo Ko wrote:

> no consensus call for this at the meeting, while roughly in
> favor of ASCII.

Thanks for info also to Harald.  His argument that EAI is an
experiment, and therefore mailing list admins need something
to experiment with (if I got the drift) is very salomonic :-)

Frank