Subject: [EAI] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-07

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:58:53 +0200

This is the first of 3 WG Last Calls on EAI documents.

The Last Call runs for 3 weeks - from July 13 to Monday, August 3, 2009, 
to allow for IETF week.

As usual:

- If you have an ISSUE with the document, write a mail to the mailing 
list with the subject line of ISSUE: IMAP - description (preferably with 
section number)

- If you have an editorial correction, send it with a subject line of 
EDITORIAL: IMAP to the mailing list, or send it directly to the author.

- Do NOT raise new issues in replies to other messages. They will not be 
tracked.

With hopes of completing this task quickly

          Harald Alvestrand

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:14:04 +0100

>
> If the UTF8=USER capability is advertised, that indicates the server
> accepts UTF-8 user names and passwords and applies SASLprep [RFC4013]
> to both arguments of the LOGIN command. The server MUST reject UTF-8
> which fails to comply with the formal syntax in RFC 3629 [RFC3629].

The last sentence should also say how the server should deal with 
Unicode characters prohibited by SASLPrep.
Suggested replacement:

    The server MUST reject UTF-8 which fails to comply with the formal 
syntax in RFC 3629
    [RFC3629] or if it encounters a Unicode characters listed in section 
2.3 of RFC 4013 [RFC4013].

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:22:28 -0400

> The last sentence should also say how the server should deal with Unicode
> characters prohibited by SASLPrep.
> Suggested replacement:
>
>   The server MUST reject UTF-8 which fails to comply with the formal syntax
> in RFC 3629
>   [RFC3629] or if it encounters a Unicode characters listed in section 2.3
> of RFC 4013 [RFC4013].

Makes sense to me.

Barry