Subject: Re: [EAI] IMEAI WG status and rechartering (Alexey Melnikov)

From: Shawn Steele <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:48:48 +0000

I don't think eai-downgraded display is interesting.  It is intended for the original downgrade mechanism, which was proven not to work.

-Shawn

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:08:17 +0000
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EAI] EAI WG status and rechartering
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

Greetings,

Here is what I think remains to be done under the current WG charter:

1).
draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display
draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8

I am awaiting for updated versions of these documents before getting
them approved.

2). The following document is the last deliverable needed before
rechartering (I think):

draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist

Currently it is expired. Reissuing the document and sending it to WGLC
(if ready), would be nice.

While I am waiting for the 3 documents, I think the WG can start
discussion about whether the group should shut down or recharter. In
case there is consensus to recharter, I would like to see if updated
charter text can be agreed on.

If the WG has enough energy to recharter, I would also like to ask the
WG to take mailto: URI scheme update (draft-duerst-mailto-bis) as an
additional deliverable.

Note that I also would be looking for at least 1 new WG chair. If you
want to volunteer yourself or somebody else, please send me an email
message with details directly.

Best Regards,
Alexey, Apps AD.