Subject: [EAI] I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Email Headers
	Author(s)       :  . Yang, S. Steele
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-07-05

Full internationalization of electronic mail requires not only the
capabilities to transmit non-ASCII content, to encode selected
information in specific header fields, and to use non-ASCII
characters in envelope addresses.  It also requires being able to
express those addresses and the information based on them in mail
header fields.  This document specifies an variant of Internet mail
that permits the use of Unicode encoded in UTF-8, rather than ASCII,
as the base form for Internet email header field.  This form is
permitted in transmission only if authorized by an SMTP extension, as
specified in an associated specification.  This specification Updates
section 6.4 of [RFC2045] to conform with the requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.