Subject: [EAI] WG status, next steps, and the long "review" note

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:47:22 -0500

Hi.

As most of you will have noticed, or will notice soon, I just
sent out a huge note that tries to summarize the issues raised
in the review of 5336bis.   Another one (not nearly as long)
will follow about 5337bis.   I haven't seen any formal review
comments about 5335bis, but we should not assume from silence
that it is in much better shape.

If the WG is going to stay even nearly on schedule (see my
previous very lengthy note), note only are the various authors
and editors going to need to go back to work, but the WG needs
to be ready to be engaged in discussing any and all of the
various issues that have been raised (except for those that are
clearly editorial and trivial).  If that level of participation
isn't available, I believe we will have a very hard time getting
through Last Call.

In that context, I would encourage people to read, or at least
skim, my long response and the original comments (at least one
of which is even longer).  But you need to pay special attention
to the notes on the WG list that address specific issues.
Joseph is trying to get the issues summarized in a tracker, but
there is no need to wait: the discussion that is now going on
about the details of handling VRFY and EXPN might as well be the
first topic.

   regards and best holiday wishes to all,
     john