Subject: [EAI] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 09:31:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Email Headers
	Author(s)       : Abel Yang
                          Shawn Steele
                          Ned Freed
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-09-18

   Internet mail was originally limited to 7-bit ASCII.  MIME added
   support for the use of 8-bit character sets in body parts, and also
   defined an encoded-word construct so other character sets could be
   used in certain header field values.  But full internationalization
   of electronic mail requires additional enhancements to allow the use
   of Unicode, including characters outside the ASCII repertoire, in
   mail addresses as well as direct use of Unicode in header fields like
   From:, To:, and Subject:, without requiring the use of complex
   encoded-word constructs.  This document specifies an enhancement to
   the Internet Message Format that allows use of Unicode in mail
   addresses and most header field content.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5335bis-12.txt