Subject: [imap5] ENVELOPE is dead, long live HEADERS

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:53:28 -0400

Hi,
ENVELOPE should be removed. Nearly every client out there knows how to 
parse message headers as they deal with POP or local rfc822 mailboxes. 
ENVELOPE just adds more complexity. Lets stick with RFC822.HEADER and 
BODY[HEADER.FIELDS] or add an RFC822.HEADER.FIELDS fetch attribute. That 
way clients can get all headers or just what they want.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

_______________________________________________
imap5 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imap5

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:17:34 -0400

I definitely like the idea of being able to ask for whichever headers 
are desired, rather than the pre-chosen set that ENVELOPE thinks is all 
we need. I certainly know that we haven't been able to use ENVELOPE for 
years.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]