Subject: Re: [imap5] Where is IMAP5 ?

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:42:14 -0700

At 8:07 AM +0200 7/20/11, Bron Gondwana wrote:

>   POP doesn't have any way to upload email

There's XTND XMIT, which was a disaster.

--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
My definition of a free society is a society where it is
safe to be unpopular.                  --Adlai Stevenson

---

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:31:58 +0200

> There's XTND XMIT, which was a disaster.

Didn't someone already say that - but the difference is that with
POP you're not uploading to your mail store, you're ONLY sending
with XTND XMIT.  Also, disaster? [citation needed]  It doesn't seem
to have made the world end.  It certainly never bothered me at any
time in my email "career".

Bron.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:11:18 -0700

At 8:31 AM +0200 7/26/11, Bron Gondwana wrote:

>  Didn't someone already say that

My apologies if it was a duplicate -- I got three DSNs yesterday 
saying that the IETF list server rejected my messages because it 
couldn't resolve my corporate server's reverse DNS record.  I 
resubmitted, but in hindsight should have checked to see if they had 
been accepted (but since the rejection was from the IETF server, I 
figgured not).

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the
victims he intends to eat until he eats them.    - -Samuel Butler