Subject: [imap5] Friends of IMAP (SIEVE, etc) dinner tonight

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:07:50 -0400

Hi folks,
For those at the IETF meeting this week we are planning on our usual 
"Friends of IMAP" dinner tonight. The last session today ends at 19:40, so 
I suggest those interested meet at 20:00 in the Hilton lobby.

The following suggestion has been made for a place to go:

    One suggestion is a casual place (kind of an upscale coffee house/cafe)
    that has great food and tons of coffee and tea varieties and drink,
    plus lots of desserts.  They even have organic burgers from a local
    farm.

    They're a short walk from the Hilton or conference center, just down
    the main drag into old town.

    		Cafe Resto Tatum
    		St-Jean, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
    		1-418-687-8800

I was not planning on attempting to book a table unless we have a lot of 
people interested in going.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:16:56 -0700

Just asking, but would it be possible to skip the last session in 
favor of an earlier dinner?  Meet at 6:30 instead of 8:00?

At 3:07 PM -0400 7/28/11, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

>  Hi folks,
>  For those at the IETF meeting this week we are planning on our 
> usual "Friends of IMAP" dinner tonight. The last session today ends 
> at 19:40, so I suggest those interested meet at 20:00 in the Hilton 
> lobby.
>
>  I was not planning on attempting to book a table unless we have a 
> lot of people interested in going.
>
>  --
>  Cyrus Daboo
>
>  _______________________________________________
>  imap5 mailing list
>  [email-masked]
>  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imap5

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
An algorithm must be seen to be believed.  -- Donald Knuth

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:27:18 -0400

Hi Randall,

--On July 28, 2011 6:16:56 AM -0700 Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Just asking, but would it be possible to skip the last session in favor
> of an earlier dinner?  Meet at 6:30 instead of 8:00?

HyBi is one of the last sessions and I think there are a few people that 
want to go to that (not essential for me). Anyone else?

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:11:09 -0400

kitten's also in the 1740-1940 timeslot.

     Tony

On 7/28/2011 3:27 PM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>
> Hi Randall,
>
> --On July 28, 2011 6:16:56 AM -0700 Randall Gellens 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> HyBi is one of the last sessions and I think there are a few people 
> that want to go to that (not essential for me). Anyone else?
>

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:15:28 -0700

>  kitten's also in the 1740-1940 timeslot.

Are you saying you need to go to that and hence can't make an earlier 
dinner, or are you just noting that some people may prefer kitten?

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
It seems like the less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves
the flag.

---

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:05:44 +0200

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 03:07:50PM -0400, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> "Friends of IMAP" dinner tonight. The last session today ends at
> 19:40, so I suggest those interested meet at 20:00 in the Hilton
> lobby.

One of these days I'll have to convince my work to send me to one
of these conferences.  Then maybe we can talk without the unhappy
arguments of email discussions!

Bron.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:08:29 -0400

>                St-Jean, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Sounds fine.

And no, no earlier time.  There are sessions.  People go to sessions.  Voilà.

Barry

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:53:48 -0700

At 1:08 PM -0400 7/28/11, Barry Leiba wrote:

>  And no, no earlier time.

Fair enough.

Since the restaurant is a short, straight shot down the main drag 
into old town, can we at least pick a hard time for leaving the 
hotel, say 8:10?  That's a full 30 minutes from the end of the last 
session, which should be enough for dropping off laptops, etc.  Any 
stragglers can easily join us later.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Never write software that patronizes the user.

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:00:09 -0400

Hi Randall,

--On July 28, 2011 11:53:48 AM -0700 Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Since the restaurant is a short, straight shot down the main drag into
> old town, can we at least pick a hard time for leaving the hotel, say
> 8:10?  That's a full 30 minutes from the end of the last session, which
> should be enough for dropping off laptops, etc.  Any stragglers can
> easily join us later.

That's fine - we start walking at 8:10 pm no matter what.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:45:11 -0400

+1