Subject: Re: [imap5] [imapext] News about Mark Crispin

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 18:11:42 -0500

Mark,

You may not remember me.  But I want to thank you for your patience
back then to talk to me (an IMAP beginner) on IMAP and
internationalization.

Thanks
Joseph

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 22:39:21 -0500

> For now, at least, I'm told that Mark is at least somewhat aware.  If anyone
> has brief well-wishing messages they'd like to send him, please post them to
> the <[email-masked]> mailing list, and I'll forward them to Mark's long-term
> companion, Annie.  I will also post updates to that list as I get them.

I've sent all the messages so far, in a few batches.  I got a response
from Annie thanking all of you who have sent messages, and saying
this:

> While I was reading him the emails, he was awake, his eyes were sparkling,
> and he was smiling. He really enjoyed hearing about how much his work
> meant to others.

I'll continue forwarding anything further.

Barry

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:28:14 -0500

Hi Mark,
IMAP was my introduction to internet technology back in 1995 when I decided 
to try my hand at writing an email client. IMAP has proven to be one of the 
most successful internet application protocols, but it has also been a 
launching point for my career in computing (and I suspect many others), and 
as such I owe you a great debt of gratitude.

I want to thank you for your hard work and diligence and unswerving 
instance on correctness - that attitude has rubbed off on many of us 
seeking to build something that is more than just "good enough" - rather we 
strive for excellence because that is what IMAP demands and deserves.

Thinking of you and your family

-- 
Cyrus Daboo