Subject: [imapext] CONDSTORE / QRESYNC

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:31:24 -0400

I have quickly read Alexey's refresh of these specs and they both seems 
to capture the relevant errata and implementation experience.

I think that we might want to consider combining both specs into one 
document since they are so tightly coupled to one another, especially 
given that we really want clients to support QRESYNC (and not just 
CONDSTORE) as mentioned in the last 2 paragraphs of section 1 or QRESYNC.

FWIW, Cyrus IMAP fully supports both extensions including errata 
1807-1809, with the exception of the MODIFIED response code.  Cyrus does 
not support separate per-metadata modseq, and always returns unsolicited 
FETCH responses for changed messages, so I don't know if the lack of a 
MODIFIED response code is an issue for client implementations.  I don't 
recall why we didn't add MODIFIED to Cyrus, but I don't believe that it 
would be a heavy lift to do so.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University