Subject: [imapext] preparing shepherd write-up for draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-03.txt: are you implementing?

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:01:27 +0100

Dear IMAP folk,

As I prepare the shepherd write-up, one of the questions I must answer
is whether or not there are implementations.  Can you please reply to
this message if you (a) have implemented QRESYNC or CONDSTORE as
specified in the document or (b) are planning to do so in the near future?

Also, this is a very good time to take another look at the document.

Thanks,

Eliot

---

From: Pete Maclean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:46:36 -0500

I have implemented both CONDSTORE and QRESYNC.  The former is 
thoroughly tested and in release.  The latter is rough and may not be 
released for some time.

Please excuse me if I have missed something but could you please tell 
me what this shepherd write-up is.

Pete Maclean

At 01:01 PM 11/21/2013, Eliot Lear wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>imapext mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imapext

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:06:30 +0100

A shepherd write-up is part of the process by which the IESG evaluates
the quality of a document.  Knowing that there is rough consensus and
running code is both part of that process.  Thank you very much for your
contribution.

Anyone else?

Eliot

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:09:43 +0000

> specified in the document or (b) are planning to do so in the near future?

I have implemented it according to the original specification in Polymer,
and have read the new specification to ensure it matches.

I am intending to implement the new specification in Inky in the near
future.

Dave.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:37:25 +0000

On 22/11/2013 08:09, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Eliot Lear <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
> I have implemented it according to the original specification in 
> Polymer, and have read the new specification to ensure it matches.
>
Isode have implemented both extensions in our IMAP server and IMAP 
client. This includes errata/clarifications from the latest draft. There 
might be one bug outstanding in the IMAP server, but I am planning to 
fix it shortly.

---

From: Jan Kundrát <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:36:40 +0100

On Thursday, 21 November 2013 19:01:27 CEST, Eliot Lear wrote:
> (a) have implemented QRESYNC or CONDSTORE as specified in the document

Trojita is an IMAP client which speaks both CONDSTORE and QRESYNC; it has 
been shipping in releases for more than one year. The clarifications 
provided in the updated version fix a number of bugs where the client's 
idea of how the mailbox looks like might get out of touch from what the 
server provides, and therefore I'm very happy to see an updated version.

KMail's IMAP backend, the Akonadi IMAP resource, supports CONDSTORE. 
Support for QRESYNC is planned, as far as I know.

With kind regards,
Jan

-- 
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/