Subject: [imapext] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-04.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:21:55 +0000

Hi,

I've just posted -03 and 04 (fixed a few things in 03 which I haven't 
noticed before posting). The main change to LITERAL- is to allow non 
synchronizing literals <= 4096 bytes in APPEND (instead of just 
prohibiting them).
Comments are very welcome.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-04.txt
Date: 	Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:18:33 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals
         Authors         : John G. Myers
                           Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
    The Internet Message Access Protocol (RFC 3501) contains the
    "literal" syntactic construct for communicating strings.  When
    sending a literal from client to server, IMAP requires the client to
    wait for the server to send a command continuation request between
    sending the octet count and the string data.  This document specifies
    an alternate form of literal which does not require this network
    round trip.

    This document specifies 2 IMAP extensions: LITERAL+ and LITERAL-.
    The former allows the alternate form of literals in all IMAP command.
    The latter is the same as LITERAL+, but disallow the alternate form
    in IMAP APPEND, unless they are 4096 bytes or less.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt