Subject: [IMRG] administravia

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:41:53 -0500

Hi folks-

The mailing list has been dead for awhile now.  Is nobody doing
measurements? :)

A few things...

(1) Workshop/conference announcements

    I didn't notice these come across the IMRG and thought folks
    might be interested in them...

    Internet Measurement Conference 2003
    October 27-29, Miami, FL, USA
    Papers due 5/16 (w/ registration by 5/9)
    http://www.icir.org/vern/imc-2003/

    ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Models, Methods and Tools for
	Reproducible Network Research (MoMeTools)
    August 25, Karlsruhe, Germany
    Papers due 5/4
    http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/mometools/index.html

(2) Some status from me...  A few months back I started
    conversations with folks about possible IMRG efforts (or help)
    in the following areas...

    * measurement mesh issues (requirements, tough problems, etc.)
    * packet sampling (issues beyond current IETF work)
    * measurement-based models (using measurements to derive
      meaningful models for use in simulation-based research)
    * available bandwidth work (lots of work has happened in this
      area - it would be nice to take some of it to IPPM, I
      presume... but, what?)
    * measurement repositories (one effort is currently underway by
      caida - who has said they'd like input from IMRG)
    * traffix matricies

    Not all of the above efforts have a ton of energy behind them
    (or any) at the moment.  They are offered as a sampling of what
    has been discussed and a call for energy in any of these
    topics.

    Also, clearly there is a lot of measurement space not covered by
    the above list.  I'd be interested in hearing from folks who
    would like to use the IMRG to work on some particular problem.
    If you have something, please drop me a note!

(3) If it helps, I will be at the IETF meeting next week in San
    Francisco.  There is not a formal IMRG meeting next week, but if
    anyone would like to chat about any of the above possible work
    items or other new things I am perfectly willing.  Drop me a
    note and we'll set something up.

(4) I'd love to see folks discussing early results and/or providing
    pointers to draft papers on the mailing list.  I'd like to see
    the mailing list used as a venue for discussion about
    measurement issues.

Thanks!

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/
_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg

---

From: Joerg Micheel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:21:33 +1300

> (1) Workshop/conference announcements

Notice PAM2003 http://www.pam2003.org/, April 6th-8th, SDSC.
Registration is open, early birds until the 16th (IIRC).

	Joerg
-- 
Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <[email-masked]>
NLANR MNA at SDSC/UCSD			Page:  <[email-masked]>
The University of Waikato, CompScience	Phone: +64 7 8384794
Private Bag 3105			Fax:   +64 7 8585095
Hamilton, New Zealand			Plan:  PMA, TINE and the DAG's
_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg