Subject: RE: [IMRG] pathrate & pathload

From: "Gamze Seckin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:10:47 -0700

Hi Constantine,
How well does pathload perform on highly asymmetric links (i.e. error rate) ?

-gamze

-----Original Message-----
From: Constantine Dovrolis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 1:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Manish Jain; Ravi Shanker Prasad
Subject: [IMRG] pathrate & pathload

We would like to announce a new release of our bandwidth
estimation tools: pathrate and pathload. Pathrate measures
end-to-end capacity (aka bottleneck bandwidth), while
Pathload measures end-to-end available bandwidth.

Both tools are available at:

	http://www.pathrate.org

The major differences in the new versions:

Pathrate - 2.3.0
----------------
* The tool has been also tested in Gigabit Ethernet paths. We added
functionality to deal with interrupt coalescion  at the receiver.
* A "quick termination" mode (option -Q) was added for an estimate
after just a few seconds. Useful for frequent light-weight measurements.
* Support for netlogger output format.

Pathload - 1.1.0
----------------
* The previous version was able to measure available bandwidth
only in the 2Mbps-120Mbps range. The latest version has been
successfully tested in both low bandwidth paths (dial-up, DSL,
cable modems), and in high bandwidth paths (OC-3, OC-12, GigEthernet).
If the receiver does interrupt coalescion, the tool can only
report a lower bound on the available bandwidth.
* The tool can now automatically choose an appropriate bandwidth
resolution (previously this was a user-specified parameter).
* Support for netlogger output format.

Enjoy,

Constantinos, Manish, and Ravi.

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg
_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg