Subject: [IMRG] video conference measurement questions

From: as1_0wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:41:24 +0800

hello:
 
I want to measure the performance of video conference.I wonder whether this kind of measurement tools have been development,and where can I find this tools on Internet? Which terms needed to be measured on measuring video conference performance.
 
thank you!
______________________________________

===================================================================
1199�������ͷ�Ȳ� (http://ad4.sina.com.cn/shc/zhuiyu_hprefresh1.html)

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg

---

From: Prasad Calyam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:04:23 -0500

hi,
We have been developing a tool to troubleshoot Videoconferencing
performance problems specific to H.323... Its called- "H.323 Beacon"
You can download latest version exe-s and source code from-
http://www.itecohio.org/beacon

Our latest version (Version 1.3)  with many new features is scheduled
to be released by early December 2003... Its currently undergoing
final testing and bug-fixing... If you would like to test drive the alpha
version before that let me know and I could give you exe-s of it... or
you could get the latest source snapshot from the sourceforge.net CVS
and compile/build it...

The exe-s currently available on the website for download are for
Version 1.2...

>  Which terms needed to be measured on measuring video conference performance.

Regarding how to debug Videoconference performance problems, we
are writing a whitepaper that describes various tools and techniques...
Its being written with the help of many expert users and network
engineers... The whitepaper also talks about how the H.323
Beacon can be used effectively... It will also be hopefully posted on
our website in early December... Please visit the project website
in second week of Dec. or you could add yourself to any mailing
list of the project to hear the announcements via email...

NOTE:
Register to the mailing lists by following the link to sourceforge.net
from the project website or just go to-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/h323beacon

I wish you sent your email to this list in December... I was planning
on making a more formal release on this list...  :-)

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions to
improve this tool...

Regards
Prasad Calyam

> 1199ÖÕÉú´î³ËÍ·µÈ²Õ (http://ad4.sina.com.cn/shc/zhuiyu_hprefresh1.html)
>

--
********************************************
Prasad Calyam,
Systems Developer/Engineer,
OARnet, A Division of Ohio Supercomputer Center
And
Internet2 End-to-End Performance Initiative
Tel: (614)292-8107
Fax: (614)292-7168
********************************************