Subject: [IMRG] CFP Internet Measurement Conference (IMC) 2007

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:04:43 -0400

Internet Measurement Conference (IMC) 2007
Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM and in cooperation with USENIX
October 24-26, 2007 
San Diego, California.
http://www.imconf.net/imc-2007/

The Seventh Internet Measurement Conference is a two and a half day
event focusing on Internet measurement and analysis, building on the
success of past IMCs. We invite submissions of papers that contribute
to our understanding of how to collect or analyze Internet
measurements, or give insight into Internet structure and
behavior. Examples of relevant topics are:

    * Internet traffic analysis
    * Internet structure and topology characteristics
    * Internet performance measurements
    * Measurement-based network management such as traffic engineering
    * Inter-domain and intra-domain routing
    * Network applications such as WWW, multimedia streaming, and gaming
    * Measurements of content distribution, peer-to-peer, and overlay networks
    * Data-centric issues, including anonymization, querying, and storage
    * Measurement-based inference of network properties
    * Design of monitoring systems, sampling methods, signal processing methods
    * Network anomaly detection
    * Network security threats and countermeasures
    * Software tools and environments in support of measurement
    * Measurement-based assessment of simulation/testbeds
    * Measurement-based workload generation
    * Measurement-based modeling
    * Reappraisal of previous measurement findings 
    * Internet-oriented wireless, and mobility measurement

Papers that do not in some fashion relate to measuring Internet
properties are out of scope.

For the first time this year IMC will be associated with the
International Workshop on Internet Measurement for Wireless Networks
(IM4WiN) on October 23rd. The focus of IM4WiN is on measurement and
analysis of wireless networks that are or will be part of the
Internet. Given some overlap in the scope of the workshop with IMC,
short papers that are more appropriate for the workshop will be
forwarded (with the authors permission) to the workshop for
review. Full papers will be reviewed as before. Authors can contact
the Program Chairs at [email-masked] for clarification if
they are unsure whether their paper is in scope.

Submission Guidelines

There are two forms of submissions:

   1. Full papers (up to 14 two-column pages) describing original
      research, with succinctness appropriate to the topics and themes
      they discuss.

   2. Short papers (up to 6 two-column pages), conveying, for example,
      work that is less mature but shows promise, or that articulate a
      high-level vision, describe challenging future directions, or
      critiquing current measurement wisdom. Short papers will be
      subject to a 6-page limit in the Proceedings.

Submissions must be in electronic form, as PDF documents. The
submission must conform to the page limits stated above, and with text
written in at least a 10-point font (including fonts used in
Figures). All manuscripts must be in English.  Submissions that do not
comply with these requirements will not be read. Please refer to the
detailed submission instructions for more information.

All full papers and short papers accepted for presentation will be
published in the Conference Proceedings produced by ACM. A few
accepted papers may be forwarded for fast-track submission to the
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.

Important dates

    * May 2, 2007 10PM EDT: Registration of title and 250-word abstract
    * May 9, 2007 10PM EDT: HARD submission deadline
    * July 18, 2007: Notification
    * August 20, 2007: Camera Ready Copy due
    * October 24-26, 2007: Conference held in San Diego, CA 

To encourage broader data sharing in the community, the conference
will present a best paper award for the top paper that makes it's data
sets publically available by the time of camera ready submission. For
example, wireless-network data sets may be published through
CRAWDAD. Authors that would like their paper to be considered for this
award should add a footnote on the first page of their submission.

A limited number of travel grants may be available to students who are
unable to secure funding from their advisors.

Program Chairs:

Constantine Dovrolis, Georgia Institute of Technology
Matthew Roughan, University of Adelaide

Program Committee:

David Alderson, Naval Postgraduate School
Grenville Armitage, Swinburne University of Technology
Francois Baccelli, INRIA-ENS
Arthur Berger, Akamai
Benoit Claise, Cisco Systems
Rocky Chang, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Mark Crovella, Boston University
Albert Greenberg, Microsoft Research
Gianluca Iannaccone, Intel Research
Dina Katabi, MIT
Arvind Krishnamurthy, University of Washington
Craig Labovitz, Arbor Networks
Simon Leinen, Switch
Sridhar Machiraju, Sprintlabs
Z. Morley Mao, University of Michigan
Vangelis Markatos, University of Crete and FORTH
Sue Moon, KAIST
David Moore, CAIDA and UCSD
Robert Nowak, University of Wisconsin
Dina Papagiannaki, Intel Research
Niels Provos, Google
Reza Rejaie, University of Oregon
Pablo Rodriguez, Telefonica
Renata Teixeira, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie
Patrick Thiran, EPFL
Guillaume Urvoy-Keller, Eurecom
Darryl Veitch, University of Melbourne
Jia Wang, AT&T Research
Yin Zhang, University of Texas at Austin

IMC Steering Committee:

Paul Barford, University of Wisconsin
Kevin Jeffay, University of North Carolina
Bruce Maggs, Carnegie Mellon University/Akamai Technologies
Nina Taft, Intel Research 

Local Arrangements Chair:

Colleen Shannon, CAIDA

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg