Subject: [IMRG] Call For Participation - CRAWDAD Workshop 2007

From: Jihwang Yeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:33:35 -0400

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

                       CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                       CRAWDAD Workshop 2007
       Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth
                  In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
             http://crawdad.cs.dartmouth.edu/workshop2007
      September 14th, 2007, 9:00am - 12:30pm, (Poster Session) 1:30pm  
- 2:30pm

            Co-located with MobiCom in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

CRAWDAD is the Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At
Dartmouth, an NSF-funded effort to build an archive with the capacity
to store wireless trace data and tools from many contributing
locations, and with the staff to develop better tools for collecting,
sanitizing, and analyzing these data. CRAWDAD supports the research
community by providing real data about wireless network usage,
including traffic and mobility patterns. The CRAWDAD project is
working with the community to ensure that the archive meets community
needs. One of our key efforts is to hold an annual, informal workshop
at MobiCom to share CRAWDAD news and to encourage the community to
help guide the CRAWDAD project. We plan an interactive, collaborative
program.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who collects, or uses, traces of wireless-network activity in
their research or product development. This includes people interested
in measuring or analyzing wireless-network traffic, wireless-device
mobility, or who build models or simulators of wireless networks.

TENTATIVE PROGRAM:
(More speakers may be added later.)
- Welcome and CRAWDAD introduction, by David Kotz and Tristan Henderson
- Invited talk by a CRAWDAD data contributor, Benoit Gregoire (Ile  
Sans Fil)
- Invited talk by a CRAWDAD user, Stefan Saroiu (University of Toronto)
- Invited talk by a CRAWDAD user, Ahmed Helmy (University of Florida)
- Invited talk on CRAWDAD-DatCat gateway, by Colleen Shannon (DatCat/ 
CAIDA)
- Group discussion about CRAWDAD challenges

- Poster Session
     Comparing Mobility and Predictability of VoIP and WLAN Traces
     Jeeyoung Kim; Yi Du; Mingsong Chen; Ahmed Helmy (University of  
Florida, US)

     Analyzing Gender-gaps in Mobile Student Societies
     Udayan Kumar; Nikhil Yadav; Ahmed Helmy (University of Florida, US)

     Synthetic traffic generation based on Measurement-driven modeling
     of large Wireless Local Area Networks
     Manolis Ploumidis;  Elias Raftopoulos; Maria Papadopouli  
(University of Crete, GR)

     Connection Duration Statistics for Wireless Devices
     P. Ranjan; J. Li (Intelligent Automation, Inc., US)

REGISTRATION: FREE
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2006/registration.html

For more information, please contact [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg